August 2nd, 2014
Growing up I was always a Deadhead with varying degrees of intensity. I was introduced to it by an older sister and kind of always had the music on in the background it seems. After college I moved to the Haight in 2001 wide-eyed and excited to live where it all started. I was sadly disappointed when I got there but the vibe of the Dead and that whole scene still is felt through out the Bay Area. Since then I have worked with most of the members of the Dead individually and recently was asked to create the tour poster for the Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration w/ Warren Haynes for their short August tour. As luck would have it, today the start of the tour is Garcia’s B-day so I’m sure its gonna be apeshit in Berkeley.
Like before, during this tour Warren Haynes will be playing Garcia’s “Wolf” guitar thus the theme of this and past posters.
The poster is 18′ x 24′, 5-color and had a print run of 500 and is now available on tour. I will have 50 Artist Prints available
Monday, Aug. 4 @ Noon (PST).
UPDATE – Posters will be available on Monday, August 18th @ Noon (PST).
August 1st, 2014
“Strand of Oaks print
I always enjoy working with and being introduced to new bands. A couple months ago I was contracted by Philly band Strand of Oaks, which was about to release a new album Heal, and needed a poster for their extensive US tour. After listening to the album, which I really dug, I was excited to do my part to hopefully introduce it to some other people.
Their music deals with a lot of recovery and coping from painful memories mixed with the good and can come off as dark at times and the agreed upon look was to involve skulls. I wanted too create something a bit more mature than I usually do. I loved the image of the bearded skeleton like figure and tried a couple different ways to approach this concept.
The poster is 18′ x 24′, 4-color and had a print run of 300 and is now available on tour. My Artist Prints will be available on the site soon. Check back for info….
June 23rd, 2014
I will be releasing some foil variants for the Widespread Boston 14 print this week. I have never messed with doing a foil print and these came out beaauuuuutiful thanks to folk at Monolith Press. Unfortunately the runs on these are very small so I will be
“FOIL” VARIANT closeup
“SPARKLE” VARIANT closeup
Both will be available on Weds. June 25th
The “Foil” will now be released at 130pm (PST) = SOLD OUT!!!!!!
The “Sparkle” will now be released at 2pm (PST) = SOLD OUT!!!!!!
There will be a max of 1 per order… first come first serve… And all prints will be signed & numbered.
I will be using a different Paypal checkout system for this one which I have not used in the past. It should stop orders once it is sold out,.. so fingers crossed no hiccups. Orders will take you directly to Paypal checkout… no shopping cart.
UPDATE – THE SITE OVERLADED & CRASHED BEFORE THE DROP TODAY. THE “FOIL” RELEASE WILL NOW BE 1pm (PST) IF THE SITE REMAINS STABLE.
Sorry for delay…
June 13th, 2014
Tonight the lads at Widespread Panic are stopping in Boston as part of their Summer Tour and to commemorate they asked me to throw a print together.
I’ve been on a bit of a “shaman” kick the last couple posters of mine and wanted to give Boston the same treatment by creating a “Colonial Shaman” while utilizing the old patriotic colors. I love dreamcatchers and wanted to try and create a character with a massive dreamcatcher headdress.
There is an extremely limited run of B&W’s available… we are talking like 10 prints. These are exclusively available for those w/ children interested in coloring… Not for Collectors to swap. They are FREE upon request AFTER ordering a copy of the Boston print with the idea that they will be colored and an image of the final “Kiddie variant” will be sent back to be bused for the COLORING NOOK. See examples here.
To reiterate the rules:
- B&W must be requested for a child to color
- A photograph must be sent of the final coloring job to be used for the “COLORING NOOK”
- Coloring doesn’t have to happen immediately as I know people have lives to lead.. but in a somewhat timely fashion. I have some folk who have had B&W’s claiming they will color who have had prints for over 8+ months.
- Failure to do so will make you ineligible for any future B&W’s and make the gods angry.
I hate to crack down and be anal about this but people take advantage and I’m really looking to try and get these in the hands of people who will enjoy them. If you don’t think you can comply then please do not request one. Everyone wins.
The poster had a print run of 400, which will be available tonight at the show & I will be releasing my Artist Prints tomorrow, June 14th @ Noon (PST) It is a 5-color print, 18′x24′. There will be some variants released down the lines… surprise, surprise.
June 10th, 2014
Waka, waka, waka!!!! Festival season is upon us and to celebrate I worked with the ever expanding Wakarusa Music Festival again this year to do a commemorative print. I did a poster for them back in 2012, which was an adventure and was happy to get some new trippy lady concepts from my head out onto paper.
I liked the idea of an Animal Parade. Painted up nature freaks on display going through the woods to the big event… random animal joining as they pass. Doing a huge shot of tons of animals would have lost detail on things and I like the current setup. I realized she should have a hula hoop somewhere on her saddle though. Its always tough trying to cram every band onto a poster as it takes away from the poster. And most people dont care… but I get it. If I was a band who played I’d want my name on there.
The print is a 5-color print, 18′x 24′ with a print run of 300. I will be selling 30 AP’s copies that are signed / AP’s. The printing came out great and the colors are pretty crazy.
May 20th, 2014
Welcome to the first Scraped Knee Lottery, in this case for the “Foxy Lady” Oakland Widespread Panic print.
UPDATE – The Lottery is closed!!!!
Please read the rules below before entering
- Each print has been assigned a number #. Post a comment below with a # from 1-100. You may choose only 1 number. Be sure to look at previous comments to avoid choosing a number that has already been used. Claim to a number will be based on the order of comments. First come, first serve. If you accidentally choose a taken number you can either edit your comment or re-comment w/ a number that is still open. The comments section will be closed after all 100 #’s are assigned. In the case all winning #’s are not chosen, the Lottery will end at Midnight on May 20th and the participants w/ the closest numbers will be the winners.
- To avoid people attempting to buy multiple prints under multiple aliases you must post using real names when commenting. This also makes it easier to contact winners.
- Winners will be contacted the next day via email w/ a Paypal invoice for the purchase. Invoices must be fulfilled by Sunday (May 25th) @ midnight PST or you will lose you eligibility and claim to a print.
May 13th, 2014
Hi guys… took me a while but I have some copies of the “Foxy Lady” Oakland Widespread Panic print I will be making available next week on Tues (May 19th).
To avoid overselling and a crash of my oh so delicate store system I will be looking at selling these a different way, probably some kind of a lottery system to keep it fair but I am open to suggestions. Price TBD & 1 per person. Once these are gone… that is it.
Update - THE LOTTERY IS CLOSED. Thank You!!!
“FOXY LADY” LOTTERY RULES
RELEASE DATE/TIME – TUESDAY, MAY 20th @ Noon (PST)
UPDATE = LOTTERY OVER!!!!
I will be taking a note from pal Marq Spusta on the fairest way to release a small run of “Foxy Lady” prints that seems to have worked well for him in the past, and will be doing a lottery. There are 20 AP (Artist Print) copies all signed…
- At the specific Release Time a NEW PAGE will be posted on this site on the front page for those interested in participating. DO NOT POST COMMENTS ON THIS PAGE, as they will not be eligible.
- Each print has been assigned a number #. Those interested will be asked to post a comment below with a # from 1-100. You may choose only 1 number. Be sure to look at previous comments to avoid choosing a number that has already been used. Claim to a number will be based on the order of comments. First come, first serve. If you accidentally choose a taken number you can either edit your comment or re-comment w/ a number that is still open. The comments section will be closed after all 100 #’s are assigned.
- To avoid people attempting to buy multiple prints under multiple aliases please use real names when commenting. This also makes it easier to contact winners.
- Speaking of which,.. winners will be contacted the next day via email w/ a Paypal invoice for the purchase. Invoices must be fulfilled by Sunday (May 25th) @ midnight PST or you will lose you eligibility and claim to a print.
April 25th, 2014
Another day,.. another poster. The Fox Theater in Oakland has just been chalk full of good bands rolling through this past couple months which is great because it just down the street. Boulder-based cosmic voyagers, The String Cheese Incident stopped into town for a 3-day run this weekend and reached out for me to do a special print. Last time I worked with them for the their 20th Anniversary New Years print they were fun to work with and people seemed to enjoy the print so I was looking forward to another collaboration.
The concept for this one was a kind of Cosmic Shaman as their music, especially the electric stuff, gets really zoney & spacey. Lots of lights and colors during their stage performances. Not much differed from the actual concept sketch which is pretty rare.
Printing was done by Ray & folk over at Good Thoughts with a nice gold border and popping fluorescent inks and came out to be 6-colors… 18′x 24.. The print run was 375 and I will be selling 45 copies signed/numbered.
April 18th, 2014
Rock behemoths The Queens of the Stone Age are on tour again and rampaged through San Francisco last night. I was hired by the promoter/venue to come up with a print for the show and definitely had a little geek out moment because I’ve been listening to QOTSA for a while and have always wanted to do a poster for them.
I kind of went ape shit with concepts thinking of everything from mech-punks to beheaded dragons but in the end I kept going back to the image of Charon the Ferryman from Greek mythology who would carry fresh souls across the River Styx. Pretty striking looking dude..
The poster had a print run of 400,.. and I currently have 30 AP’s available in the POSTER section. It is a 5-color print, 18′x24′.
March 29th, 2014
This weekend ol’ workhorses Widespread Panic are making their way through Oakland. The current tour has limited dates and unfortunately I was not asked to do a print for it this time around but funnily enough got a call from the promoter, Another Planet Entertainment, of the Oakland show to make a commemorative piece.
This happens a lot but not to step on any toes I checked w/ the band to make sure it was cool. I believe the poster done through the band for this stop is Chuck Sperry, but this one is through the promoter/venue.
The final print is 18′ x 24′,… 5-colors… and I have 30 AP’s to sell. The total print run was 400 which the promoter has.